Wednesday, December 25, 2002

It's the first time in six years that I'm spending Christmas at home. For the past five years, I've either been on the plane or in London on Christmas day. It feels very strange, to be quite honest. But at the same time, it's the first time in six years that I've gotten to sing Christmas carols in church, and man, was the feeling good. I don't know whether it's a coincidence or a nice gift from above, but the song list consisted of most of my favourite carols (O Holy Night, Do You Hear What I Hear and Silent Night), and I got to show off my vocal capabilities. It helped to bring a smile to my face on a rather gloomy day.

I'm alone tonight - completely alone. And like most other singles during the festive season, I really wish I had a someone to be with. At the end of the day, I guess it would be nice to be able to believe that you could end that day with a hug from someone you really care about and feels the same way about you. In a place where there just doesn't seem to be that many opportunities for travel and excitement, and at a time when I'm finding it particular difficult to meet new people, that's not a hope that could possibly be fulfilled any time in the near future.

No comments: