Tuesday, December 31, 2002

Just watched Lord of the Rings II: The Two Towers today and man, it was awesome. This beat The Fellowship of the Ring hands-down. While I normally zone out somewhere during three-hour long movies, I was glued to my seat the entire time and the hour-long battle sequence was brilliantly shot and edited.

Warning - possible spoiler up ahead!

Unlike the time I watched The Fellowship, this time, my attention was fully focussed on the hunk occupying the screen - Aragorn (though Legolas wasn't too bad himself). Unkempt, unwashed, shoulder-length straggly black hair, badly needing a shave - he looked darn good. As I tend to favour dark-haired long-haired guys, I guess it should come as no surprise that I thought Aragorn was hot. Unfortunately, Viggo Mortensen doesn't look that good in real life, what with his brown short hair and shaven face. What a difference.

Anyway, there's a scene in the movie when he's speaking to Eowyn and he's telling her that as a descendant of kings, she'll never find herself in "a cage", without ever having performed the feats of glory and valour that she so dearly yearns for. Then he walks off, but not before giving her this look whereupon I distinctly recall thinking "what a flirt!" Needless to say, if he were to look at me in that way, I would swoon in half an instant and beg him to take me. Or it might cause me to toss and turn at night, unable to sleep, tantalised and tormented by the promise in those eyes...

Digression: I read somewhere that Tolkein based Elvish on a blend of Finnish - and that probably explains why Mr. Scandinavian Good Looks sounds so charming and proficient in Elvish.

And in case you're wondering why I wasn't completely focusing on Aragorn when I watched the first instalment - the answer's obvious, isn't it? I was kind of distracted that night, not being able to fully concentrate on the on-screen hunk 'cos I had a real-life one seated right beside me!

No comments: