Sunday, January 05, 2003

I spent over three hours on the phone last night talking with a friend from London - or more specifically, the friend from London. I am so not looking foward to seeing my phone bill at the end of this month! I ended up sleeping at 6.30 am. I woke up this morning after four hours of sleep feeling horribly due to the immense lack of sleep quite obviously.

Still, the chat was very nice. Helped to reconnect with one of my best friends.

I was initially a little reluctant to talk on the phone. I was scared about the possible effects it would have on me. After all, one of the reasons I've managed to move on relatively quickly is because I haven't seen him or spoken to him in such a long time. ICQ is fine - it doesn't have that much of an effect on me, but actually hearing his voice... that's a whole 'nother ball game. Not to mention the main reason why I was so attracted to him in the first place was how we seemed to connect so well - and that's something that stands true no matter where in the world we both are. Given that, a late night long conversation isn't exactly one of the safest things I could subject myself to...

But I'm glad we spoke. It was a great way to start 2003.

No comments: