Sunday, February 16, 2003

I just watched Chicago - the movie, yesterday and man, was it a blast! The show turned out much better than I had expected, and I'd love to see it again! The musical numbers were fantastic, even though Renee Zellweger, despite putting in a sterling performance, still doesn't strike me as the ideal person to be cast for the role of Roxie Hart. Queen Latifah, as Momma, on the other hand, was hilarious! I loved every single minute of it, even when smarmy Richard Gere was on the screen! And I loved it for reminding me how much I love jazz and what I've missed out by cutting it out of my life since I graduated!

So I've spent part of today just singing - not just songs from Chicago, but from all my favourite musicals. I know I don't have a professional's voice, but one thing I do know for sure, is that when no one is listening, I sing pretty darn well, and I do have quite a fine voice. I just wish I could sing that well in front of people!

No comments: