Sunday, March 16, 2003

I was at a gathering earlier today with my colleagues, and there's this girl who I've been working with since I first joined the work force. She's sort of cute in a little girl kind of way and very smart. At the same time, she's very confused - as in she knows her subject matter very well, but she's not very streetwise as she's been very sheltered her whole life. And every time she makes a mistake, people find it cute and amusing and it adds to her like-ability. She's sweet and nice, but man, I simply can't stand it! I'm so freakin' jealous of her - of how intelligent she is, and of how young she looks (she's a year older than I am but looks 14). I hate how everyone looks at her and says, "Awww, isn't she the sweetest thing? And how about all the silly things she says and does? Even cuter!"

Urgh. I hate that.

No comments: