Saturday, May 10, 2003

If you, like I, lament the demise of truly funny comic strips, then Martijn's Calvin and Hobbes site is definitely for you. I don't really find all that many comic strips as hilarious as I found Calvin and Hobbes, but then, my personality type is supposed to be that of Calvin's, so maybe that's why I bonded so well with him. Plus, in terms of drawing, Bill Watterson draws much better than most of the present-day comic-strip artists.

The Far Side was another great as well. Doug Larson's take on everyday situations (as well as his obsession with cows) is really funny, and sometimes, while speaking with other people, the general bizarreness that could have been pops up in my head, and I have to keep myself from laughing out loud during serious discussions.

For comics which are still running, I like Dilbert, Doonesbury, Foxtrot, Sherman's Lagoon and Sinfest (all of which can be found on the Internet). Doonesbury is especially political and intellectual - my kind of humour - so I'd highly recommend that one for anyone around my age group just starting to discover the wonder of comics.

And just for the record, I have rarely found Charlie Brown to be amusing.

No comments: