Thursday, August 14, 2003

I'm a huge Sarah McLachlan fan and to me, few of her songs can be topped by doing anything to it. However, much to their credit, Blank & Jones have managed to make Angel, a fantastic song originally, even better by remixing it for their Relax album. They've somehow made it even more... not touching, and definitely not emotional, but somehow, just a little more listenable that it was originally. You would have thought that the adding in of the chill-out beats that Blank & Jones have employed would have ruined the acoustic impact of the song. But they didn't.

The original was touching and haunting, and the remix has lost a bit of that, granted. However, I can definitely envisage myself slow dancing to this version now, with someone I love. The original... more likely, I'd have been singing along with it mournfully, if you get what I mean. Anyway, for both versions, they're really worth listening to on repeat a dozen times.

No comments: