Tuesday, August 19, 2003

I've been hearing some of my friends rant about this club in town, about how the club lets you in instantly if you're a Caucasian, or if you're a pretty, hip, cool female.

I've also had other friends tell me that girls have it easier in the corporate world. That all they have to do is sit down and look pretty and they'll advance really quickly just by smiling and nodding when the time is right.

I must stress that I haven't tried either of the above... but I, to be quite frank, don't see the harm if it benefits me. If I can get into a club quicker because I look good, or if part of my quick advancement is due to my beauty, then I don't mind. If I've got it, why not flaunt it?

Mind you, if this works against me, and someone prettier than I am gets promoted over me, or if they get into the club and I don't, I may feel differently. But if I can make use of it, would it be bad of me to admit that I don't really mind using my assets in this way?

No comments: