Friday, October 17, 2003

In a world where I often feel as though I'm less than all of my friends, it's kind of reassuring to find that some of my incredibly capable friends feel the same way. I frequently feel as though I know less, have less energy, am nowhere near as sparkling or as interesting as my friends, and that, perhaps, I should just stop going out with them to stop feeling that way. They're incredibly good company, but sometimes, they're fun yet kind of a dampener at the same time.

Although I may seem - to the people who I've just met - a little cocky at times, seeing as I do state (jokingly) that I am rather attractive/intelligent/whatever, really, it's just because I kind of need someone to tell me that. Not just anyone, but a someone I trust. And it's been a long, long time since anyone said I was smart and capable.

Sigh.

No comments: