Sunday, January 18, 2004

I am happy to report that I am no longer sick of trance. On the contrary, I can't wait to get more of it! It's always at the most stressful times in my life that I begin to really need trance. When life is all hunky-dory, I don't want to listen to it as much. Ordinarily, I would scoff but there does seem to be more than a slight correlation thus far.

Last night at Liquid Room was great fun. We were all there for a friend's farewell. I'd only met him formally about a month ago, but we had been corresponding since August, since he's from Germany and I went there for my annual vacation last year. In any case, his contract in sunny ol' Singapore is up, and he's returning to Germany. It'll be a shame to see him go, especially since I'd only just gotten to know him. To top things off, he knows some of the German DJs, such as Paul van Dyk (!!!) and there's a part of me that would like, gush over the enormity over knowing someone like PvD, and like, totally prostitute herself just for that one chance to meet him and touch him, but fortunately, that isn't me. Heh. Anyway, my friend really likes South-East Asia - the countries and the people (especially the babes) - and it would be nice if he could stay here longer, if not for good. But alas, that's not quite possible. And it's sadder still, because he just got back together with his local girlfriend. The course of true love never did run smooth. Any wonders why I'm so cynical about affairs of the heart?

To continue about last night - it was nice. DJ Adrian played a lot of trance classics, and some nice hard ones too, which my friends didn't quite enjoy, but I did, just jumping up and there and screaming my lungs out. I also indulged in vodka, red bull and beer, thereby ensuring that while I didn't get sloshed, I wasn't quite in complete control of my faculities. This was amply demonstrated by the following:
- unbuttoning my friend's shirt - just for the hell of it, and also to demonstrate just how damn easy it was to do.
- phreakin' with friend in previous post as well as with friend who we were there to say farewell to, and his girlfriend
- letting the above get captured on digital camera

So while that was version 3.0 that most people saw last night, it was a slightly different v3.0 - a v3.0 who didn't care about the people she was dancing with. Previously, when v3.0 was unleashed, I did get a little turned on by the people I was dancing with, but not this time. I guess I consciously just turned everything off before I headed into the club, because I was fully intent on having a hell load of fun, as well as fulfilling my so-called resolution - to break as many hearts as possible this year.

With regards to that last statement, it would seem that I'm well on my way to breaking my first heart of the year - my own! Just refer to the previous posts, and I'm sure you'll know what I'm talking about. I've managed to come to the conclusion that he did like me but that neither of us gave out strong enough signals. I kind of stopped on the day of his farewell whereas his strongest signals were given out on that last day but were muddied by the fact that there were other girls there who he seemed to treat the same way. Anyway, forget it. If I still feel like this in a month's time, then I'll take action.

Right now, I'm listening to a fantastic online trance broadcast - and it's Gabriel & Dresden's turn! Check it out over at Trance Airwaves.

No comments: