Thursday, March 04, 2004

I went to Unkle's set at Velvet Underground yesterday night, a Heineken Green Room Sessions invitations-only event. I'm not sure how I became a member but I'm guessing it's because I told them that people come to me for recommendations about music... which is true, so I wasn't lying.

In any case, in spite of an early morning meeting, I stayed at the club until 3 am and went to bed at around 4.06 am after talking on the phone with a friend. I had a tremendous amount of fun and it was just like being back in London. I've left my review at work, having written a long one for a friend, so I'll post my complete review later this week.

In the meantime, you can read the review for Unkle's latest album,Never, Never Land (from Stylus magazine).

Just to remind me, I think some of the Unkle tracks that were played in addition to In A State included Celestial Annihilation from Psyence Fiction.

No comments: