Saturday, March 06, 2004

Lately, I've been a little depressed over the realisation that working takes up so much of my time that I don't have the time or energy to invest in the beginnings of a new relationship. While that sounds very much like economist-speak or banker-speak, I'm just stating the facts. Every relationship requires a lot more time in the beginning than after that, because you need to put in so much to get it up to the stage where you two become 'official' or 'exclusive' and are content to commit to being with each other and no longer feel the need to date other people... if only for a little while!

Over dinner at a pretty nice Russian coffeehouse on Thursday, my recently-single friend asked me if I truly felt as if work robbed me of the necessary time to get involved with other people.

My reply? "Maybe it's all an excuse. One day, I'll face facts and realise that it's not the time issue at all. It's simply because no one wants me."

No comments: