Friday, April 02, 2004

I'm tired.

I'm tired of feeling stressed, I'm tired of not having enough time to do what I want to do, I'm tired of feeling down about myself and the quality of my work, I'm tired of watching great people leave my company.

But damn it, girl. Stop whining. Take a good, hard look at yourself.

You're pretty, you're talented - you can sing and dance, you're smart (which is more than you can say for a lot of other people), you're intelligent, you can speak and you can write well.

You've got all of these qualities and so much working for you. Don't let little things get you down. So what if you get stressed and embarrassed and flustered? These things happen. But don't let them prevent you from achieving what you're capable of. Don't let these things be an excuse.

So you're expected to finish a lot of work over the next few months? So what? Tackle it. You know you're capable of that.

So you don't have time to do what makes you happy? MAKE the time. You know you can, if you can be arsed to do it. Just stop whining, stop talking so damn much at work and you'll find that you have more time than you ever dreamt of. Don't let the multitude of choices you have paralyse you into indecision... Neither should you ever regret any of the choices you made.

So you're lonely and you want someone to hold you and tell you that you're a good, capable person? Forget it. You don't need anyone to validate your existence. You are an intelligent, talented, gifted individual. Don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise.

Take control of your life. You're 23 years old, approaching 24. There's so much in life that you have experienced and yet so much more to go. Stop whining. Take risks. Go out there and take charge.

No comments: