Saturday, May 08, 2004

I watched Van Helsing today. I'd been looking forward to this movie since I saw the trailers two weeks back. I mean, Hugh Jackman, Kate Beckinsale, vampires, werewolves, Frankenstein's monster and a vampire hunter... what more could you ask for?

Well... while I did indeed want to see this movie, the truth is... I had no idea what to expect when I sat down in the cinema. Was it good? Erm. It's one of those movies which is so bad that it's good. The special effects are fantastic, the acting passable, the plot terrible, the dialogue dreadful and the accents painful.

Did I enjoy it? Kind of. The same way people enjoy watching William Hung sing. The ending, meant to be sad, I know, made me laugh like hell. And I know I wasn't the only one in the cinema feeling that way. I'm not going to even bother spending time giving a review on the show. If you're in the mood for something brainless, stupid and visually stunning at the same time, go watch Van Helsing. It's got two gorgeous men - Hugh Jackman and Will Kemp (and one above average one - David Wenham) and one sexy lady dressed in leather - Kate Beckinsale.

No comments: