Thursday, June 10, 2004

I haven't been happy about work for some time now. I've got a terribly insensitive boss who is obviously very intelligent and capable, but... sucks amazingly at people management. Since May, I've been dying under an unmanageable workload which I knew (and have known since March) would only get worse in June, and her response was... to bring my deadlines forward. Yay.

However, since this week, I've been pretty happy. My supervisor/buddy/confidant has returned from being on leave the past week. I managed to build a working financial model by myself. And it seems as if I might be able to get one of my assignments in by the deadline whereupon I previously thought I wouldn't be able to get any of them in at all. And I've been researching all about the industry I'm looking into and feeling that same rush I used to get when I was writing Philosophy essays in the middle of the night before the essay's due. There are no words to describe the adrenaline rush, that feeling of euphoria from having discovered that one fact that you just know will impress the examiner.

And I guess, that's why I haven't yet decided to leave my job.

No comments: