Monday, July 05, 2004

I got a new haircut on Saturday which is radically different from my previous style. The previous one was a little layered and a wispy fringe. It was slightly longer than shoulder-length and was long enough to be tied up comfortably. It was also a little messy, hence the need for a trim. However, I being the person that I am, generally let my hairdresser do whatever she wants to my hair, because blessed as I am with the ideal face shape and great hair, I can carry off almost all hairstyles... fortunately!

So what does this style look like? In a word, Cleopatra.

It's got so much potential. My friends have called it among other things, the China doll look, the Japanese geisha look, the sixties/retro style, Uma Thurman as Mia Wallace from Pulp Fiction, Chiaki Kuriyama as Go Go Yubari from Kill Bill but with shorter hair and so on and so forth. In case you haven't been able to visualise it by now, it's a very straight hairstyle with bangs above the eyebrows. My hair is now chin length and resembles (though not in colour) the electric blue wig which Sydney Bristow once wore in an episode of Alias.

Like I said - very different. I still get taken aback every time I see myself in the mirror.

No comments: