Wednesday, February 23, 2005

What is it with men and their ridiculous defense maneuvers? No, this time it hasn't happened to me, but to a friend of mine.

I don't want to commit at this point in time, but I'd like to continue seeing you?

Is that guyspeak for "I want to continue living the wild, swinging bachelor life I've been living and enjoy all the perks of having a girlfriend like you but without having to suffer any of the inconveniences"?

I'm telling you this because I think we have different expectations and I don't want you to get hurt.

And what's this all about? "I'm really a bastard, so don't love me or you'll get hurt"? "This is my cop-out mechanism so that in the future, when things get ugly, I can claim that I never wanted any of this to happen because of the caveat which I told you about at the beginning of our relationship"?

Bugger all this for a bunch of carrots.

No comments: