Thursday, March 10, 2005

Today, I had the following thoughts:

1. I would like to have someone I could enjoy Norah Jones with.

2. In spite of the fact that my long hours are making me terribly unhappy, I'm applying for (better-paying) jobs which have worse hours. Is the money really worth it? Or is all of this because I'm defining myself by someone else's definition of success? Am I contemplating two of the most life-sucking industries in the world (investment banking and management consulting) because I'm interested in them, or because I want to prove to myself that with my talents and skills, I'm capable of handling these high-powered, incredibly stressful jobs?

In other news... I got slightly tipsy (champagne, as always, is a weakness of mine, especially when I haven't had anything to eat beforehand) and was most likely flirting with an ang moh from my company. Oh well.

No comments: