Tuesday, July 05, 2005

I was talking to a friend who'll be leaving for the UK to do a Masters this year and she was telling me how scared she was about quitting her job and going over to an incredibly expensive country and basically, almost starting over.

When I was 18 and going off to London, I don't think I was scared at all. I wasn't upset that I'd be leaving my family and friends behind. But now, 7 years on, contemplating that same option, after having been financially independent for 3 years now, I have to admit that going to London without a job scares me s***less.

Granted, circumstances were different back then. My brother was also in the UK and so were quite a few good friends... but when did I start getting so scared of life? Why is it that when we were younger and more foolish, we found that we could hurl ourselves into any situation without second thoughts?

No comments: