Tuesday, November 29, 2005

I'm officially on leave the whole week, but had to go into the office today to clear something up and send it to our regional office. So I got into work at my usual time, only ten minutes later, expecting to be there for half a day at the very most. It took me a little longer than expected, and at 12 pm, I realised I still had about an hour more to go on that particular project. Then, a colleague pops round, back from his week out of the office, telling me that he needs some stuff from me (urgently, if I can do it) so that he can figure out how to approach one of our customers. So, I finished off what I came in to do, went off for lunch with the other birthday girl in the office, and then came back and spent over two hours churning out the information my colleague needed. I looked at the clock, realised it was 4.30 pm, and that taking that unrecorded half day wasn't that worthwhile after all. Furthermore, I have an hour-long conference call later in the week which no one else in the office can sit in on because my work is such that I have three separate roles in the office (and these three exclude my role as the sole back-up for someone else in the office), and no back-up for any of those roles.

So, I asked my boss for my day of leave back. He agreed. I left the office, got home in time to watch The Simpsons, eat dinner with my parents, and am so exhausted that I collapse into bed for a nap and wake up at 8.45 pm, and only manage to shake off my grogginess to resume revising at 9 pm with only 4 days to go.

Today's entry is also known as "How I Spent The Day Before My 25th Birthday."

No comments: