Saturday, January 28, 2006

Wow, first Ministry of Sound brings in Adam Freeland last night (who I missed because I was just too exhausted... same reason why I skipped Do Yourself In 2). Then I thought they were rolling over and conceding defeat with their lacklustre line-up for the Chinese New Year period, and then bam! On Thursday (26 Jan), they announce they're bringing in Caged Baby for a concert this coming Thursday and Frankie Knuckles, the Godfather of House, this coming Friday. As a friend put it, looks like we can't ignore them for long, in spite of the bad press and the long queues!

And then, of course, there's Satoshi Tomiie at Zouk on Saturday, coming for the Renaissance release of his new 3-D album, which is, according to my brother and another friend, incredibly good.

I am a little tired of clubbing (happens the start of every year due to the excess of parties and drinking during the end of the preceding year), but with a line-up like that, I hope Singapore's ready to party!

And while we're on the subject of clubbing, I've gotten rather hooked on reading the posts in the Chill-Out Room of the TranceAddict forums lately. The COR, as it's known, is full of incredibly bo liao people but you do find the occasional gem that just makes you laugh your head off, such as this one posted by a regular known as Ygrene on smoking:
Do you guys even know why we have cigarettes?

It was a handheld smoke signal device developed by the Indians. It's basically old fashioned text messaging. I'm thinking about taking up smoking because my cell phone bill is too high.
And to put it in their lingo, I lol'd.

No comments: