Saturday, March 18, 2006

I attended a one-hour salsa trial workshop conducted by Caliente yesterday. It was nicely fun, and fortunately, they used nicer music than the normal salsa music. I can't really take the latin music too well, but don't mind salsa pop like Mya - Do You Only Wanna Dance. I found to my delight that I am capable of moving my hips after all. I always thought I couldn't which is why I had to drop Latin ballroom dance after a year because I wasn't making any progress.

Anyway, much to my delight, there's an upcoming event where I'll be able to combine my love of beach bars and dance with the "1st salsa social by the beach 2006" (hey, I didn't name it) that'll be at Coastes Beach Bar next month. Cool, no?

And yesterday night, at my friend's birthday party, I got to jive/rock 'n' roll, tango, salsa and merengue. It was definitely a fun St. Patrick's birthday party even if I wasn't entirely in full conformance with the theme, turning up in an olive green polo T-shirt with a Tinkerbell pin tagged on and having brought another variant of the green fairy with me.

(Apologies if this is a little rushed. My lunch is waiting and I haven't eaten anything at all today.)

No comments: