Sunday, July 02, 2006

So we're now at the semifinal stage of the World Cup. I can't remember my exact predictions but I believe I had Italy and Germany making the semis, but most definitely not Portugal or France.

I haven't watched a truly great game so far; the best that I've seen was the Germany - Argentina match which the South Americans lost thanks to tactical blunders by the Argentinean coach.

What grabs me is the sheer amount of playacting that's been going on in this World Cup, most notably from the Portugeuse side. I dislike the England team, that's known, and I wanted them to lose last night because I didn't want them to have the satisfaction of saying that "hey, at least we got through to the semis" and also because it's always fun to watch grown men cry. But to lose in part because the other team played dirty? That really does suck.

No comments: