Wednesday, August 02, 2006

In 18 hours' time, I'll be on my way to Bangkok for a much-needed break. Ever since I started my new job, I've yet to take a single day of leave. After a few weeks of not knowing whether I'd be able to make it thanks to work commitments, it now looks 99.9% certain that I'll be able to board the plane and get out of the country before any urgent calls come in.

It's my first time in Bangkok so I'm really looking forward to it, although it pains me greatly that I'll be missing DJ Shadow's gig at Zouk this weekend, especially after a friend of mine SMS'd me to tell me that I should do my very best to stay back and catch the gig if possible because his gig in Australia last week was awesome. Yes. To a certain extent, music really does rule my life.

Nevertheless, I'm certain I'll have fun whatever happens. I've already booked myself a spa appointment as I badly need a massage seeing as my shoulders have been incredibly tense over the last few weeks.

I'll be back next week, but I expect I won't be missed.

No comments: