Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Today is the first day of November, my favouritest month of the year.

It is also ten days before I go on vacation, 12 days before I see U2 in concert and 29 days before I officially turn a year older.

I could write so much more... well, really, I can't, so instead, I'll leave you with an entry I wrote a few days ago and meant to post, but decided to wait until I could upload photos.

Originally written on 29 October, somewhere around 10 pm:
My feet are dead tired. I've done so much today and I still have to go out for a Halloween party tonight.

All in all, I started out heading to the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception up in Mid-levels in the morning, forgetting that the Central - Mid-Levels Escalators head downwards until 10.30 am every day, resulting in my having to walk up all the way from Connaught Road Central to the Cathedral. Then, it was off to Maxim's Palace for brunch (old-style dim sum complete with trolley ladies) where we got the magical queue number 88 and waited 45 minutes for a table. C'mon, after receiving that number, we couldn't possibly walk away in spite of our incredible hunger.



We spent just over an hour there, partaking of some pretty damn good dim sum, and walked out the door at just after 1 pm, whereupon we found that they'd processed 130 tables since 11 am.

After that, because of the unexpectedly fine weather, my friend and I headed off to Kowloon, checking out the larger shopping centres between Tsim Sha Tsui and Mongkok (namely, Silvercord and Langham Place, as I'd covered Harbour City on Thursday night), as well as Ladies Market on Tung Choi Street, and Sports Market on Fa Yuen Street. Strangely enough, I didn't manage to find anything I wanted to buy; the clothes on sale now are simply too hot to be worn back in Singapore. Curse the seasons!

Then it was back to the office to send something off (as tomorrow's a public holiday in Hong Kong, but not in the other two countries that I'm covering) before heading back to the apartment to get some rest prior to heading to Pi Club.

Addendum: Pi Club turned out to be great, as can be seen from the post I wrote right after coming back to my apartment.

No comments: