Thursday, May 24, 2007

Blogging hiatus interrupted as AC Milan wins European Champions League for seventh time.

I'm a big Manchester United fan. Most people know that. I've been supporting the Red Devils for a long time now, and purely because they're a good team. They're skilful, they're tenacious and heck, even though I think Sir Alex is an arrogant blowhard, I wouldn't be much of a fan if I switched teams just because of that, would I?

In any case, what most people don't know is that there is a team I support purely because of one player's looks, and that's AC Milan. Now, who might this player be? None other then Paolo Maldini, who, besides being one of the best defenders in history, is exceedingly good looking in the Italian classical sense and has the most piercing pair of eyes I have ever seen.

So, Senor Maldini, on winning your fifth winners' medal at the ripe old age of 38 (old for football anyway), I salute you.

And on an aside, how amazingly awesome is Michael Buble's latest single, Everything? Every time I hear it, I want to get up, swing, twirl, dance and just sing for joy that I'm alive. Even the music video captures the joyous quirkiness that this song embodies.

No comments: