Saturday, December 29, 2007

I am so proud of myself today. Even before 2008 descends upon us, I have started going to the gym. Perhaps it's a little too early to proclaim this, but I do have a greater incentive than most to keep to this particular regime (entirely connected with having to fit into a dress when I return to Singapore in just over two months' time).

As it was my first time in a gym in a long time, I decided to keep things simple by sticking to cardio, doing about 20 minutes on the elliptical training, five minutes of cool-down, followed by an impromptu hip hop dance in the deserted gym as one of my favourite songs to dance to of all time, Aaliyah - Try Again, started playing. I'm proud to report that even though I'm really out of practice as I haven't danced in ages, I rocked that tune. Heh.

I'm really looking forward to next year. There're so many acts I'll be doing my best to catch with Underworld, DJ Shadow and Cut Chemist and Shlomo and DJ Yoda all performing in London in the first quarter. When you couple that with a trip home for a good friend's wedding, I don't think it can get much better than that!

No comments: