Monday, December 17, 2007

I'm still alive.

I've just been busy with first, looking for a place to stay, and then, finding stuff for the aforementioned place to stay. I have not yet completed settling in and setting up, so it may be a little early to say this, but I am thrilled with my new flat as it's got security, a great location and a fair amount of space all for a fantastic rental (especially given London rents). More to come on this in later posts, but just know that posts have been incredibly intermittent because I do not yet have access to the Internet other than at my workplace, which is why I have been pretty much off the radar of late. In fact, if it weren't for Facebook, my friends would probably not have a clue about me or what I'm doing now.

Anyway, the main reason I'm posting right now is because of this exchange which took place on the trains yesterday. The background behind this is because my parents, particularly my father, loves new gadgets. Not in the technology sense, but more in the kitchen and homeware sense. So when I spotted these, I made a note to tell my parents about them. My brother was less convinced. This is the exchange which ensued.
Me: I saw these devices which you put in the dryer to replace the softener sheet. They're pretty affordable, and they're environmentally friendly.
Dad: How do they work?
Me: You just put them in instead of the sheet.
Dad: Sounds good. (To my mum) Let's go take a look.
Me (delightedly and loudly to my brother): See? Told you they'd like dryer balls!

At this, my brother stares at me, and only then do I realise how this must have sounded to the rest of the train. Hee!

No comments: