Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I have been having some weird dreams of late.

On Monday, I dreamt I was getting married. Not just to anyone, but to someone who didn't love me and moreover, who I didn't love. I remember trying my hardest to escape the wedding, even to the point where I was going to just refuse point-blank at the altar... but the dream/nightmare never quite got there. I don't know if it's to do with the loneliness I've been feeling, or my general view of marriage at this point in time, but it was definitely disturbing and I got into work exhausted.

Last night, I dreamt I was going for a massage, but this time, not with the same aforementioned person (who I don't even know) but with a colleague of mine, someone who I happen to think is rather good-looking and actually have a bit of a crush on, which is bad because he sits next to me. We never quite got to the massage, not because of anything either one of us was doing, but just because the dream never quite got there.

I felt a little odd going into the office this morning as a result, especially when instead of the usual 'good morning,' he asked if I was all right. I'm guessing that my response to what had happened this morning (entirely unrelated to work) was still showing on my face.

Still, it was nice of him to ask, nice to believe, for a while, that he cared. I need all the positive energy I can get at this point.

No comments: