Saturday, February 23, 2008

I suppose one of the more efficacious antidotes to a tough week is two nights of consecutive heavy drinking, coupled with one incredible night of clubbing with a friend with whom it felt good and comfortable to dance.

I'd ostensibly given up alcohol for Lent except for special occasions, but I figured that God would understand my needing to drink on Friday night, a Friday night which began with a couple of conflicting emotional extremes, and which left me cursing both my luck and timing. Nevertheless, the stress of this week was somewhat alleviated by a dinner of tapas and a bottle of Rioja, followed by grooving to Club 8, DJ Food and Coldplay, and concluded by heading to Fabric to catch 2 Many DJs (awesome, and definitely redeemed their lacklustre performance at ZoukOut two years ago) and Simian Mobile Disco (great as usual, and well worth my deciding to see them again after having seen them in concert last week).

Now, I just need to survive the weekend.

No comments: