Sunday, February 03, 2008

I'll be going for another gig on Monday, work permitting. I managed to snag a pair of tickets to catch The Guillemots, Duffy, Alphabeat and David Jordan at Koko, which is wicked cool for a couple of reasons.

Firstly, T. gave me an album by The Guillemots for my birthday two years back so clearly, they're a band worth seeing as I trust his music tastes implicitly.

Secondly, after having read about Alphabeat (they've been called the next big thing), I'd been thinking about going to see them support Palladium on February 13, 2008. They'd been called "the Scandinavian Scissor Sisters" by the Guardian, and have been described as a band who would most likely appeal to the McFly and Girls Aloud crowd. It may sound hideously horrible to some, but that sounds just awesome to me.

I suspect the previous statement may have ruined all of the street cred I may have gained in recounting the previous gigs I've been to.

I know Duffy is an up-and-coming singer so I think she'll be decent at the very least. I haven't heard of David Jordan just yet, but given that the line-up seems pretty darn good, I'm sure I'll have an enjoyable night... provided I can leave work on time!

No comments: