Monday, March 24, 2008

One of the best and most unexpected segues in musical history, I feel, is from Jacques Lu Cont's Fabriclive 09, when Richard Strauss - Also Sprach Zarathustra segues into Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This). It is a moment of pure, complete genius. Rarely has something like that ever taken my breath away.

Until now.

While shopping the other day, I heard Beach Boys - God Only Knows remixed with Michael Jackson - Billie Jean. It was brilliant. And something which could only have come from 2 Many DJs. When I checked with the cashier, it turned out I was spot on. One of the sales assistant - the one serving me, as it turned out - had brought As Heard on Radio Soulwax, Pt 1 to work. I'm not sure if it's still available for sale, as HMV didn't have it available, but if you do come across it, it is well worth a listen.

Incidentally, HMV is selling a number of Fabric CDs for £6.99, including Jacques Lu Cont, John Peel and M.A.N.D.Y. The original price for these is £10 (or £6 + P&P if you're a FabricFirst member) so it's a good deal as you get the original metal tin and artwork as well.

No comments: