Monday, April 28, 2008

Tickets for this year's Meltdown, an annual festival organised by the Southbank Centre and programmed each year by a celebrity curator, have been selling quickly. But then again, when the curator is Massive Attack, the influential creators of trip-hop who have put out such great albums as Blue Lines and Protection (which, a friend notes, sounds like some sort of safe sex campaign), of course tickets are going to sell out.

Meltdown features, among others, opening and closing performances from the band itself, Grace Jones in concert (yes, the Grace Jones), and a number of Silent Disco nights which feature guest DJs such as Peaches, Kieran Hebden (aka Four Tet) and Andrew Weatherall.

As you might expect, tickets for both of Massive Attack's performances are sold out, as is Grace Jones. However, thanks to my great training, gleaned from getting tickets for Coldplay in Singapore and Radio Soulwax over here, I managed to get tickets to their closing performance on June 22, 2008.

I am really looking forward to it. I've been meaning to catch them ever since I got into them back in my university days!

No comments: