Thursday, May 15, 2008

So far this week, I have spent 47 hours in the office. It's not something to be proud of, admittedly, though the project I am working on is far more interesting, if rather stressful given the short turnaround, than studying for the CFA.

Still, having had around 12 hours of sleep over the last three nights, and being absolutely exhausted and knowing that the effects of such incredible sleep deprivation (compounded by many years of similar incidents) are increasingly reflected in the quality of my work, with my making silly (to me) mistakes on a weekly basis.

Some folks think I am being too hard on myself. I only know that in today's current environments, if I'm not as good as I'm reputed to be, having come with arguably an enhanced reputation from Asia, then who knows what will happen? I don't exactly work in an industry which promises job security and while I'm not unduly worried, I am, nevertheless, still a little fearful of what may happen.

Or perhaps I'm just overly emotional because I'm too tired to rein in all my worries and insecurities.

But who can afford sleep when there's a big exam just a few weeks away?

No comments: