Saturday, November 29, 2008

On course to my quietest, and loneliest, birthday ever, I decided to do my bit for the economy, while, at the same time, taking care not to kill my savings too much in the event that it turns out to be my worst birthday ever (it was announced that there would be job cuts in my department, and the names of those who'll be made redundant will be announced over the next few weeks).
So, I purchased for myself a 100% cashmere beige scarf with leaf motifs from Camilla Ridley, a 100% cashmere black cardigan twinset from Mantegna and a necklace from Chloe, in addition to the vintage Hervé Léger dress a few days ago. Fortunately, I remembered myself and decided not to buy the silver python-print Alaia platforms on sale at Browns Labels for Less store on South Molton Street. It didn't cost too much as the all of the three items were purchased from sample sales, all of which were offering discounts of between 70% to 80%.
As for gifts, I've received a cashmere stole from MD, a tee from T. (hee) and a grey cashmere cardigan, a combined gift from a couple of good girl friends here. I'd mentioned wanting something nice and warm so when the girls gave me my gift, I was all "oh, so this telling people what I want really works!" Heh.
You might think I'm really going rather atas, what with all the cashmere purchasing, but it's been really cold in London the last few weeks and cashmere is so much warmer than an ordinary wool sweater, not to mention a lot thinner which helps when it comes to not looking like a chunky ball of clothing whenever I need to go out of the apartment!
In any case, I'll be heading out in a couple of minutes to catch James Zabiela and Way Out West at Matter. I haven't been able to get a nap, which is my usual modus operandi, so I hope I'll be able to stay and enjoy myself long enough that it's not freezing when it's time for me to go home.
If I've got to turn a year closer to the big 3-0 all by myself, it might as well be in the company of a damn good looking DJ.

No comments: