Saturday, February 28, 2009

I read somewhere that divorce/separation and losing one's job rank among the most stressful life events that one could face. Moving house, apparently, also ranks somewhere up there.

If you count my split from MD as ranking in the former category - and I suppose you could, given that I loved MD more than any other guy I've dated  - then you can see why I'm not at all keen to contemplate having to move. I love the location of my place; it's central, it's got great transport links to anywhere else in London, and it's near to a whole host of amenities and entertainment options. And for the rent I'm paying, it's a bargain.

But that's the main issue: I'm paying rent. And I'm no longer receiving a regular pay cheque. It's a considerable drain on my resources, and I need to accept that. I'm such a pack-rat that there'll be loads of things I'll have to put into storage once I move out that it's a logistical nightmare. And I really wish I didn't have to deal with a third life event right now... or rather, I'd prefer to be dealing with another stressful life event - starting a new job - instead of this one.

No comments: