Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Future Cinema organised a screening of Watchmen at a club under London Bridge some weeks back. This was a live cinema event, which meant that the event would be organised around the movie, and featured an entire '80s New York set being assembled in the street outside the club, and even involved a tank with the Comedian!

Tickets sold out within half an hour of being released. This was one of the events I didn't manage to get tickets to, proving that there are limits to my ticket-obtaining powers after all. Here're the link to the BBC feature and photographs of the event. And my word, it looked awesome.

On a Watchmen-related note, is it a coincidence that Devo, a band I had never heard of until I read the graphic novel last year, are doing a world tour this year?

No comments: