Friday, March 06, 2009

I am so tired. I really need to sleep earlier than 3 am... or wake up later than 9 am. Either one would work. I swear, no matter which part of the world I'm in, my body clock is always operating on entirely the wrong time zone.

I would love me a good cup of coffee now.

On that note, I had the opportunity to apply for a job in Sydney recently. I would most likely have gotten it too, because I used to work with a fair number of people in that team, including the head of the team, and they really liked me. I decided against it as Sydney's too far away from everything (London, New York, Singapore - you name it) and, secondly, it would involve my moving across continents for the second time in less than two years. It's always difficult meeting people in a new city, especially in the first year you're there, and I didn't want to go through two 'first years' in a row. So, yes, I declined.

Then, today it hit me. If I lived in Sydney, I could go to Campos (aka coffeemaker of the gods themselves) every single day if I so chose.

Damn. I really should have considered it more carefully before saying no.

No comments: