Sunday, March 15, 2009

Just bought a pair of calf-high boots from eco-friendly ethical shoe designer Terra Plana for £40 (down from £150). They're the same as the style in the photos below, but in black, and I have just found out that you can wear them two ways: up to your calves, or scrunched down to your ankles.

I'm not just thrilled by the price (even if the shoe isn't entirely made out of leather, but a combination of leather and mesh), but I have been looking for a pair of calf-high boots with heels for over a year now, and the price is certainly all right by me! With the warmer weather we've been having, I've been dying to show off my legs and short dresses for a while now. And even when the weather's not co-operating, I can wear these with my work trousers too.

I also purchased a pair of sky blue high heeled open-toed sandals (perfect for summer) for £10 (down from £90). Yes, I know, I shouldn't be spending, but I really need to get out of my ugly shoe rut.

And now to get ready for Snow Patrol tonight. I'm not sure why, but it seems to be a case of Snow Patrol's Lonely Hearts Club this weekend. There are a couple of people whom I know have gone through break-ups recently (including myself) and we all seem to be in the same boat: having to find someone else to go with as we no longer wish to go with our former significant others.

And, yes, I'll admit it. My team was outclassed and outplayed yesterday. And the worst part of it was: Man Utd was actually playing well. I mean, they hadn't rolled over and played dead. They turned up to the match. It's just that Pool were awesome yesterday. Fortunately, Man Utd are still four points ahead with a game in hand... for the time being!

No comments: