Saturday, March 21, 2009

When I first came across Wild & Wood, I didn't have my camera with me. So I went back there a few days later (after lunch at The Bountiful Cow) to capture this delightfully quaint oasis in the middle of central London (not for long, I expect, what with it being featured in Time Out's Consume for a number of weeks now) while it was still shiny and new.

For those who haven't been there, Wild & Wood is an amazingly affordable coffeeshop run by a two-person team: Kit, the male barista, and a female who is most likely from Eastern Europe, and although I got her name, I don't know how to spell it, so don't dare try!

Here're the photos:


Check out these prices. Definitely cheaper than Taylor Street Baristas and Nude Espresso, and, yet, they use organic milk and Monmouth coffee.


A nice spread of sweets and savouries.

I was quite amused by the tiny scrawled "it's great!" under the sign.


Any place which stocks newspapers and lets customers sit in a comfortable space without chasing them off is all right by me. This little cranny is called "The Nook".

Why is this sign so important? Simple. The fire alarm is right behind you if you happen to be sitting next to the sign. See the next photo for more details.



A latte

A cappuccino

No comments: