Monday, May 25, 2009

My re-entry into the workforce has provided an unexpected boost to the European economy.

Shortly before starting my new job, I went to Santiago de Compostela, the weekend after that, my friends and I treated a dear friend to a somewhat more sedate but infinitely more welcomed hen night, and then, the late May bank holiday weekend, I went to Paris with some friends, which resulted in my hitting and average of 1.33 chocolate shops a day for me, including Jean-Paul Hevin, Pierre Hermé, Patrick Roger (all three of which are mentioned in The Guardian's feature on The World's Best Chocolate) and Cacao et Chocolat. I also picked up a couple of bars from Michel Cluizel and Bonnat from my neighbourhood Monoprix. To say I am a little chocolate-d and macaroon-ed out would be a huge understatement.

The only bad thing was... because of the immense heat, the chocolates I bought from Pierre Hermé melted into one lumpy mess! Sigh. That'll teach me. Next time, I won't wait to eat them.

Anyway, I managed to go to two delightful restaurants which were off the tourist path, so there'll be photos of that - as well as the chocolate - to follow, hopefully shortly.

No comments: