Tuesday, October 06, 2009

The flights, not to mention the drastic changes in weather, seem to have played havoc with my skin. If you ever catch me slapping myself, it's not because I'm crazy, it's because my $%"$% eczema has flared up and it's driving me crazy. I'm doing my best not to scratch, but (and there's always a but) I'm failing miserably. I've finally fallen back on the tube of Cortizone-10 I purchased from the US last year, only to read that it's not meant to be used anywhere on or near my face. I know it can thin the skin; that's the main reason why I discontinued the use of the prescription-strength steroid cream after using it for seven days, and the rash seemed to be subsiding, but, damn it, it seems to have flared up during the weekend.

Ugh. I hate my skin sometimes. And in a place where it's so damn hard to get a GP's appointment, especially considering I don't work anywhere near my home, and, hence, my GP... ARGH!

No comments: