Thursday, December 17, 2009

Having reached my station just about the time the blizzard started, I can tell you that, beyond a shadow of a doubt, snow isn't as light and fluffy as it looks, especially when it's blowing right at you and hits you straight in the eyes. Yowtch.

So, anyway, I came home and turned on the radio, as I am wont to do, and happily jumped over to Coldplay - Life in Technicolour II to warm myself up, and then Owl City - Fireflies came on. It was the first time I'd heard it and I thought it sounded a lot like a lighter version of Postal Service, and I wasn't sure whether I liked the song because it was way fluffier than the snow which had just fallen. I mean, maybe I would have liked lyrics like getting a thousand hugs from a thousand lightning bugs back when I was eleven but I'm considerably older now, and much more cynical.

As it turns out, I wasn't the only one who spotted the resemblance to Ben Gibbard. And I'm not the only one to rip into Owl City either!

No comments: