Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Despite my great love of dancing, I have never once had a boyfriend - or even someone I'd gone out with more than just a few times - who shared my passion. It's not a prerequisite, though it is very much a nice-to-have. After all, I tend to fall - just a little - for anyone I have a great dance with. It's difficult not to, because I'm just so in the moment and unguarded. And, in the words of the great George Bernard Shaw, dancing is a vertical expression of a horizontal desire legalised by music.

It's incredibly uncommon to find a guy who really loves to do proper social dancing as opposed to busting out some moves on a dance floor. So, I guess, in lieu of that, I'm comforted that there's an alternative: you can rent a dance partner, not just for practice, but for tea dances too. I'd love to give it a go one of these days.

No comments: