Monday, December 12, 2011

Compliments

Recently, I have been receiving compliments from some of my Twitter followers, having met several of them in person over the last few days. These people have all been people who've been following me on Twitter for more than a few weeks. I've been told by someone who writes for a living that she thought I was interesting and a good writer to boot. Another who met me in person for the first time told me that I'd survived a Twitter purge because she liked what I wrote, as I wrote about life and trends. Yet another told me that I, along with another person he follows, brighten up his Twitter stream.

I'd be lying if I said the compliments had no impact on me whatsoever. In fact, because the compliments have all been unsolicited and have been said by completely different people working in different fields (writing, fashion and hospitality), I'm incredibly pleased, particularly considering that I haven't been having a great last few couple of weeks. I'm even starting to believe that I just may be a half-way decent writer after all.

Thank you all so very much.

No comments: