Thursday, March 22, 2012

Little Miss Random Recommends - Week ending 25/03/12

One of the questions I get asked the most often is how on earth I know so much about what's going on in London (or whatever city I happen to be in, if I can be less modest). I just do. I put in the effort to figure out what's going on and what I would like to do or see. It's a habit that's gone on for years. And it’s become such a part of me that I don’t really feel it anymore, though a tiny part of me will tell you it can be hard work.

So, by popular demand, I'll be aiming to do a weekly blog post of my picks for what to do in London that week. As with all things, I expect the format will be tweaked, rehashed and refined as time goes by, and I would certainly appreciate any comments you have.

Without any further ado, here are my picks on what you should do this week:

  1. See The Soundtrack Set with Greg Wilson, an audio/visual experience curated by Greg kicking off with a film screening taking place in a wigwam on the rooftop of the Queen of Hoxton, followed by a DJ set downstairs. March 23rd, 8 pm
  2. Indulge your caffeine addiction at the UK Aeropress championship starting at 2 pm at Taylor St Baristas on Old Broad Street. March 24th, 2pm
  3. Watch Louis de Bernières’ only play Sunday Morning at the Centre of the World produced by the acclaimed Bad Physics company at the Battersea Arts Centre. Half the audience will be blindfolded for the hour-long play, choosing to experience the play only using their senses of hearing, smell and touch. March 24th, 3.30 pm
  4. Boogie the night away with the superb Norman Jay MBE, the godfather of club culture, at The Book Club. Alternatively, there's the wonderfully eclectic Sunday Best warehouse party with Rob da Bank at the Bussey Building in Peckham that same night. March 24th
  5. Catch talented singer/songwriter Feist at the Royal Albert Hall following the release of her new album Metals. Support will be provided by M. Ward (Him of She & Him). March 25th, 7.30 pm

No comments: