Sunday, February 08, 2015

Changes

I must really thrive on being overloaded, as, on top of the wedding, yoga and dancing, I've decided to make this year extra-busy for myself by getting a new job. Not just any job, mind you, but a role that I've been wanting for years now, since ever before I met my fiancé. And, to make things even more challenging, it's a role within the same company, so I can't just drop everything the moment I finish my notice period, but there's every chance that I'll have to work in my current role beyond my notice period, or even end up double-hatting for a while. 

I am, quite frankly, terrified at the prospect of changing roles, having done my current role for over a dozen years now, but it's reached the point where I have to do something else so that I continue to grow professionally. And, you know what? Even if it turns out that I'm not as good in this new role as I thought I would be, it'll be fine, because, at the end of the day, what matters is the fact that I was brave enough to try.

Wish me luck for the rest of this year (and beyond). I'm going to need it.

No comments: