Saturday, October 05, 2002

I had so much fun at Oakenfold on Thursday. It's the best clubbing experience I've had since Cream in London last November. It was packed - 1300 tickets sold - and sure enough, there wasn't that much space, but I didn't have a problem. I can dance anywhere, anytime, anyhow, and the way I dance, people better make space for me. Okay, fine, I'm not as obnoxious and as belligerent as I sound... it's only when you decide to invade my space and stay there, then and only then, do you get whacked. And seeing as some of my dance moves come from my Body Combat/Khai-bo classes, trust me when I say that I can hurt.

I went with three friends - two guys and a girl, and it was fantastic. I even danced on the platform - something I've never done back home due to behavioural constraints - and just strutted my stuff, I guess. I was all dressed up, and didn't look too bad to my knowledge, but didn't get hit on by anyone, much to my disappointment. I usually only get hit on by people I would never ever dance or go out with in a million years, but at the same time, when you put in the effort to look good, you like to know that people have taken noticed of that. I do know some people were looking at me, but I'd like to see that how I look has a strong enough effect on people to make them come over and talk to me.

Oh, all right. I'm not that vain. It's just that people don't ever seem to notice me when I'm back home, and it's kind of bruising to my ego.

I did notice quite a fair number of cute guys at the club though. Wish I had the guts to go talk to them. Problem with the guys I noticed though was they were all Caucasian. The thing is that while I don't care what race they are, I have no wish to be defined by my friends as an SPG, as I'm not. The one that definitely attracted my attention had shoulder-length brownish-blond hair, and looked like an Australian surfer dude. I don't know how to attract a guy's attention in a club, and nor do I wish to make a fool out of myself since I have no doubt I'll be invariably rejected! Anyway, I have noticed some local guys... or to be more precise, one local guy, but that guy is not someone I can see having a relationship which is more than just friendship...

In any case, I'm not exactly looking for a relationship right now, as I've mentioned before. I don't have the time to, since I'm working and need to be focussed on my career, amd more importantly, I need to be over the ex before I can even think about such things, since it wouldn't be fair to the guy who would be going out with me if I'm still pining for someone else...

No comments: