Sunday, January 19, 2003

While watching the rest of You've Got Mail, I had to explain to my father everything that was happening in the movie - something that tends to irritate the heck out of me 'cos I'm one of those people who prefer others to watch to figure out what's happening rather than keep asking me all the time. Anyway, I was recounting to him the first time I had watched the movie in the cineme. At that time, there was a contest being held and one of the questions, contests being what they are, was "What is the name of the movie you are about to see?" And the answer the apparently clueless man gave? "You've Got E-mail." Priceless. I couldn't stop laughing for some time.

You wouldn't be faulted for assuming You've Got Mail is one of my favourite movies. It's not. Not even among my top ten. The soundtrack isn't too bad with classics such as The Puppy Song and I Guess The Lord Must Be In New York City, but the movie, on the whole, isn't very strong. What I do like, is the narration of the missives that are sent between the leading characters. I do like stream of consciousness, being able to see into the thoughts of the people, being able to see how they think. It gives me hope that I'm not the only illogical person around.

No comments: