Thursday, August 07, 2003

I've been working late every day this week. And every day of last week, come to think of it. And I'm just so tired of that. I've got news of my permanent posting, and yes, it's the place I've been campaigning to go since earlier in the year, so that's good. Bad thing is: the department's changed a lot since I was there. More than a few people have left, and it looks like I'm going to be under a rather stern and demanding supervisor. I'm rather apprehensive. I feel a little like I've been struggling through my job for the past year only to emerge from darkness to discover that my world isn't, in fact, going to improve, but rather, it's going to get much, much worse.

Rant: I cannot stand poor English. My fellow countrypeople are notorious for using a local slang version of English, and if any of you are reading this, DO YOU HAVE ANY F***ING IDEA HOW B****Y DIFFICULT IT IS TO UNDERSTAND? Can't any of you be bothered to spell properly? And my goodness, do you not have the ability to utilise just one question mark rather than five? Yes. I am a pedant. And yes, I tend to respect those with good English more than I would ever respect someone with poor linguistic abilities. I don't care what you say about me. Just be sure you use that damned spell check first.

No comments: